Tasmanian Redline Coaches Pty. Ltd. A.B.N. 89 009 499 094 and its related companies (collectively referred to as “we”, “us” and “Redline”) are subject to the National Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 (Cth)).
This privacy statement explains in general terms how Redline protects the privacy of your personal information under the National Privacy Principles. It will apply to any personal information you provide to us:
When making a booking with us or checking-in for coach travel;
- Via www.tasredline.com.au, or other online sites operated by Redline and its contractors; and
- Under any other agreement or arrangement.
This Privacy Statement will also apply to any information about you that is provided to us by someone else such as a travel agent.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to Redline employee records, which are generally exempt from the legislation.
What information do we collect?
The types of personal information that we collect from you will depend on the circumstances of collection and on the type of service you request from us. For example, when you request us to make your travel arrangements, we may collect details such as your name, address, flight and other travel details, credit/debit card number and expiry date, billing address, telephone numbers, loyalty program membership details, dietary requirements (if any) and health issues relevant to your travel arrangements. As we are required by law to obtain your consent to the collection of “sensitive information” we will assume that you have consented to the collection of all information, which is provided to us for use in accordance with this Statement, unless you tell us otherwise.
How we collect information
We may collect personal information about you when you deal with us over the telephone, send us correspondence (whether by letter, fax or email), visit our web sites or when you have contact with us in person. As well as collecting information directly from you, there may be occasions when we collect information about you from a third party.
- From people making travel or freight bookings on your behalf;
- From third party telesales companies that collect your personal information and disclose it to us so that we may issue you with your ticket and make and fulfil your travel arrangements or market our products and services to you;
- Other service providers who collect information on our behalf such as operators service centres and corporate travel functions;
- From market research companies contracted by us to obtain information so that we may improve and market our products and services;
- From third party service providers on tasredline.com.au;
- From other organisations that issue a Redline Consignment Note on our behalf for the carriage of your freight.
How we use your personal information
We generally collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- To process your travel arrangements and other transactions;
- To facilitate your participation in loyalty programs of Redline and other organisations;
- To conduct marketing activities and to conduct market research; and
- Some of the personal information we collect is essential for us to be able to accurately identify who is using the service. Other types of personal information we collect help us to profile who is using our services and what their interests are.
Credit card information
Tasmanian Redline Coaches Pty. Ltd. is committed to ensuring that credit card details are collected and used in a secure manner. Tasmanian Redline Coaches Pty. Ltd will take reasonable steps to protect the credit card details it holds from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modifications and disclosure during collection by adopting the following practices:
- Not retaining details of credit cards submitted online and ensuring that where credit card details are collected on-line, encryption is included within the on-line web page, databases and other supporting programs;
- Ensuring that when credit card details are collected via facsimile, the facsimile is placed in a secure location.
Disclosure of personal information to others.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, for example, to our contractors to whom we contract out certain services, other carriers, travel and freight service providers, data processing companies for the purpose for which the information was collected or for related purposes, for example to complete a transaction on your behalf or provide you with a service that you requested.
We may also disclose your personal information to various law enforcement agencies and governments around the world for security, customs and immigration purposes.
Your information will also be shared between related companies in the Redline Group where necessary to fulfill our purposes.
We engage third party contractors to perform services for us which involves the contractor handling personal information we hold. For example, we currently engage third party contractors to:
- Provide electronic funds transfer services, credit card account processing and related services;
- Operate call centres;
- operate some corporate travel sales and fulfilment functions;
- Process travel bookings made via tasredline.com.au and other online sites;
- Conduct market research;
- Provide catering services;
- Provide general handling services, such as check-in agents, freight handling and special assistance;
- Assist with obtaining payment from creditors;
In these situations, we prohibit the third party contractor from using personal information about you except for the specific purpose for which we supply it.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
Access to and correction of information we hold about you
We will, on request, provide you with access to the information we hold about you, unless there is an exception which applies under the National Privacy Principles, including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information.
We may recover from you our reasonable costs of supplying you with access to this information.
Your request to provide access to this information will be dealt with in a reasonable time.
If we refuse to provide you with access to the information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon under the National Privacy Principles.
In light of the latest legislation we have put in place systems and procedures to facilitate access to all information we hold about you on request. For information which we collected prior to 21 December 2001, we may not be able to provide you with access to this information where to do so would place an unreasonable administrative burden on us or cause us unreasonable expense.
Keeping your personal information up-to-date
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it.
If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to either correct this information, or if necessary, discuss alternative action with you.
If you wish to gain access to your personal information, have a complaint about a breach of your privacy or you have any query on how your personal information is collected or used please forward your request, complaint or query to the address below. We will respond to your query or complaint as soon as possible.
We may amend this Privacy Statement as our business requirements or the law changes. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be updated on Redline.com so please visit Redline.com periodically to ensure that you have our most current privacy statement.
Our contact details
Tasmanian Redline Coaches Pty Ltd
P O Box 2083
LAUNCESTON Tas 7250
Ph. 03 6336 1400
Fax. 03 6334 5685
PLEASE DO NOT email this address requesting reservations or timetable information. ONLY Reservations staff can answer queries regarding timetables, bookings and fares.
Why choose Redline
What to ask when selecting a transport partner
- What is the value of experience?
- What is the value of quality service?
- What is the value of reliability and backup support?